[nfbmi-talk] Fw: remembering the promise and where we came from

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:44:41 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: David Robinson NFB MI
Cc: terry Eagle ; Mark Eagle ; Laura Hall ; Leigh Campbell-Earl ; Larry Wanger ; Fran Fulton ; Mary Ann Robinson NFB MI ; Gary Kidd TDN ; Sue Hart TDN ; Susan Fitzmaurice
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 4:24 PM
Subject: remembering the promise and where we came from

I'm ffwing a u-tube here from another Patriot here in Michigan about a major rally in our State Capitol in 1991 and the vision of what we faced then and
now. We have to remember our roots especially in this the year of our unfulfilled promise of civil rights under the ADA!
Will post others in the future. But, in my opinion we shouldn't be having picnics or other token celebrations of the ADA, but rather, should be holding
protests and filing lawsuits to ensure it is actually accomplished!
Nothing about us without us!
Joe Harcz
Advocate, Flint, Michigan
.
>From Darma Canter, Advocate Muskegon, Michigan....
I captioned  and posted the EVENT 1991 on youtube. It is 12 minutes and represents Michigan's Disability Leadership before the grants and the contracts
curbed their passion and silenced their voices.
I wish the people who see themselves (literally or figuratively) in this video will call for a reunion and recommitment to building our community and culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJg2OZwvRBU
pass it on!