[nfbmi-talk] Fw: badp and ed 2014-1 questions

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 01:31:10 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Ed Rodgers BSBP Dir.
Cc: Mike Pemble BSBP Dep. Dir. ; Christyne.Cavataio at ed.gov ; Mike Zimmer LARA DSA ; Marlene Malloy MCRS Dir. ; BRIAN SABOURIN ; Larry Posont NFBMI Pres. ; Sarah Gravetti MISILC DNM ; Gary Gaynor ; commissioner-hudson at outlook.com ; bsbpcommissioners at michigan.gov
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2015 11:53 AM
Subject: badp and ed 2014-1 questions

January 1 2015 BADP ED 2014-1 Questions

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

Edward F. Rodgers II, Director

Mich. Bureau Services for Blind Persons (BSBP)(Via e-mail)

Dear Sir,

I point your attention to the following item from BSBP’s belatedly updated directory (October 2, 2014):

“Business Assistance and Development Program – Lansing

Essenberg, Rob, Director

Newman, Amanda

Hazard, Danielle

Mazurek, Callie

Miller, Katelynn

Turner, Abby”

Now, there are several questions here but the first is:

How many of the above personnel are legally blind or have any sort of substantial disability, And why are they continuing to run as civil servants Business Enterprise Locations in The Capitol and Anderson House Office building mandated by Public Act 260 to be priority locations for blind BEP operators?

Aside from Mr. Essen berg, the $104,000 per year cashier, who is certainly disabled being morally blind I don’t think any of the other personnel for BAD-P are blind or substantially disabled. So how does this all jive with Governor Snyder’s Executive Directive 2014-1 which is supposed to promote hiring of people with disabilities in state government?

I await your prompt and accessible reply to this inquiry and thank you for past courtesy and for your open and transparent governance.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.