[nfbmi-talk] Upcoming Events; Birding by Ear and Beyond

Donna Posont donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:46:22 UTC 2015

Which woodpeckers will we witness when we walk in the woods?

Join us Saturday morning January 10, 2015 at 10 a m at the University
of Michigan-Dearborn Environmental Interpretive Center to start our
year of Birding by Ear and Beyond. While we will be watching with our
ears for several species of woodpeckers which have remained to spend
the winter locally we will also check out the other bird species that
are residing in the natural area this winter. Unless everything is ice
covered as last winter we will venture into the woods and around the
lake. Upon our arrival back to the warm Environmental Interpretive
Center we will review the sounds and gain wisdom about our Michigan
woodpeckers. If you can bring your lunch and stay with us for a while
we will travel in the afternoon to a local nursing home and share our
birding by ear program with the residents. Please consider getting
2015 started with adventure in Michigan's outdoor classroom. For more
information contactDonna Posont; 313-220-8140
Please see attachments`