[nfbmi-talk] Recognizing your suitcase when traveling?

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Mon Jan 12 04:12:27 UTC 2015

Hello Terry and Elizabeth,

Terry, Elizabeth's suggestions are great.  No matter your level of vision,
Elizabeth's suggestion of unusually colored luggage is a good 1.  Finding
luggage may involve touching each piece as it passes or having a Sky Cap to
assist and everything between.  If the luggage is an unusual color, meaning
not black or blue or gray, it can help a lot.  Of course, Mary and I have
black, blue and gray luggage. (smile)

I definitely like the active means of getting next to the belt and checking
bags as they pass.  Elizabeth's idea of waiting until some of the luggage
has been removed is a good 1 if you have time.

Elizabeth suggests keychains as an easy identifier.  Also some bright yarn
tied in a way on the handle so it won't be ripped off in the travel process
can substitute for bright colored luggage.  It is visually and tactilly
identifiable.  Luggage identifiers are also a good solution, if not a little
expensive and not as reliable as the yarn or keychain idea.

Thank you for serving us by going to Washington.

Warmest Regards,

Fred