[nfbmi-talk] Respectful Communication

Diana Mohnke d_mohnke18 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 00:08:37 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

I attended a church related training program for a committee I am serving on last weekend.  We were given these guidelines before starting our duscussions for the day.  I thought they might be something to keep in mind as we meet together at the quarterly board meeting as well as we post to our listserv.

Blessings,
Diana Mohnke

Respectful Communication Guidelines

R = take Responsibility for what you say and feel without blaming others

E = use Empathetic listening

S = be Sensitive to differences in communication styles

P = Ponder what you hear and feel before you speak

E = Examine your own assumptions and perceptions

C = keep Confidentiality

T = Trust ambiguity because we are not here to debate who is right or wrong