[nfbmi-talk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Association of Guide Dog Users Meetings Streamed Live

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri Jul 3 00:03:33 UTC 2015

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Marion Gwizdala via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:26 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Association of Guide Dog Users
Meetings Streamed Live

                If you are unable to join us in Orlando for the meetings of
the National Association of guide dog Users at the 75th convention of the
National Federation of the blind, we would like to offer you the opportunity
to join us virtually. Once again, NAGDU will be streaming our meetings live
for the world to hear! To listen to our live stream, simply visit

http://www.nagdu.org

and find the link to the live stream on the Homepage. The stream will be
available at approximately 6:45 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (5:45 p.m.
Central; 4:45 p.m. Mountain; & 3:45 p.m. Pacific) on Sunday, July 5 and
Tuesday, July 7. If you would like to comment or ask questions during the
stream, PLEASE use the hashtag NAGDU2015. Please read on for more
information about our proposed agenda.

                On Sunday, July 5, we will hear from those who chair the
various committees of NAGDU, including our Social Networking, Fund Raising,
and Hotline Committees. Brett Sample, who is an NFB member, is creating a
guide dog training program in Puerto Rico modeled after our NFB training
centers. Brett will share his work and projections with us. We will also
share exciting information about our progress enhancing access to the
country's zoos. We will also find out where we are with our mobile app and
hotline.

                On Tuesday, July 7, our meeting will be called to order at
7:00 p.m. sharp. We will hear from Tim Elder, NFB's lead attorney in our
federal law suit against Uber. Tim will share the most up-to-date
information with us first, so join our meeting for this breaking news. We
will also have a presentation by john Bifield from Freedom Guide dogs for
the Blind about community & residential guide dog training and a panel
discussion by officials of various guide dog training programs about
ownership and the immediate and long-term considerations every potential
guide dog program consumer should know about the practical implications of
unconditional ownership compared to custody. During this meeting, we will
also share guide dog user related resolutions passed by the Resolutions
Committee the prior day. Most importantly, we will hold elections for vice
President, Treasurer, and one board position.

                For more information about our live stream or other NAGDU
related communication, please send a message to

Info at NAGDU.ORG

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President