[nfbmi-talk] Social Security Trustee Report

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 12:58:31 UTC 2015

Dear Colleague:

Yesterday, the Social Security Board of Trustees released its annual report
on the long-term financial status of the Social Security trust funds. The
annual report is an important document regarding the financial state of the
Social Security and Medicare programs.

According to the report, the combined asset reserves of the Old-Age and
Survivors Insurance, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) Trust Funds are
projected to become depleted in 2034, one year later than projected last
year, with 79 percent of benefits payable at that time. The DI Trust Fund
will become depleted in 2016, unchanged from last year's estimate, with 81
percent of benefits still payable.

Please see our press release for report details.

I encourage you to share this information with your members, colleagues, and
other interested parties.

Sincerely,

J. Jioni Palmer

Associate Commissioner for External Affairs

(T) 410-965-1804

(E) <mailto:Jioni.Palmer at ssa.gov> Jioni.Palmer at ssa.gov

Social Security 80 Years - Celebrating the Past and Building the Future

Plan for your "Someday;" create your own my Social Security account at
www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.