[nfbmi-talk] TV Report About Pedestrian Death In Lansing

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 07:52:16 UTC 2015

Enough facts are not yet known about the circumstances surrounding the fatal
accident or the deceased victum or driver to make a non-speculative comment
at this time, until the investigation is complete.

Now does that sound official-like or not?

Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, Channel 6 was initially seeking
comment on the use of audible crossing signals for and by the blind.  I
presume the theory is that had audible crossing signals been present, the
tragic death likely would not have happened.  I  can imagine given a study,
more vehicular pedestrian deaths happen because of distractive driving than
pedestrians at fault, for sighted and blind pedestrians alike.