[nfbmi-talk] Services set for blind Lansing man struck by car

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:15:46 UTC 2015

   I don't believe the news would report the blindness if he died from some
other ailment.  The message they send to the general public is that blind
people are out on the street, so drivers need to be careful or even more the
message is that. blind people are out walking in public and they really need
to be shut away and only allowed out when someone is with them to protect
the poor unfortunate and otherwise helpless blind.
   When we do something stupid or careless, we are all stupid and careless,
but when a blind person does something successfully, then that person, and
only that person is amazing.  I don't know what really happened, but I do
know that the media will milk it for all the outrage and sympathy it can
muster.  After all, that is the stuff that sells papers.
   What we should be talking about is sound rehabilitation for blind people
so we can travel successfully and safely, and we know that blind people do
not get these skills and that leaves all of us vulnerable to society.
Contributing cause to this tradgedy is the State of Michigan and its lousy
training from a corrupt  agency with stupid and uncareing management.

Dave