[nfbmi-talk] Services set for legally blind man hit by car

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 04:04:11 UTC 2015

Hi Eric,
It would be nice to have the facts on this tragedy, however the police have
yet to release the facts they have.

Unlike other vehicle-pedestrian accident deaths that are routinely reported
in the media, none other get the coverage the this accident death has
gotten, which just happened to involve a blind person.

I find it strange that the police went out of their way the day following
the accident, to say they were confident that alcohol was not involved on
the part of the driver.  The routine statement would be police are awaiting
toxicology results of the driver at the time of the accident.  What about
toxicology drug results, illegal or legal drug use, of the driver at the
accident time?

Unlike other vehicle-pedestrian deaths this death has had far too much media
coverage with focus on the blindness of the person struck and killed. ,