[nfbmi-talk] Fwd: Accessible Art event at MSU

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:29:02 UTC 2015

7189 Connors Rd.
Munising, MI 49862

March 30, 2015

Dear Michigan Federationists:

     Here is some information regarding accessible art at Michigan
State that you may be interested in.

Sincerely,
Larry Posont
President
 (906) 387-3546
Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
 Web page: www.nfbmi.org

Munising home of the beautiful Pictured Rocks.

Dear leaders in the Michigan organized blind movement,
For years I have been bothered by a general lack of accessibility at
museums with the common no touch policies and lack of accessible
alternatives we have all come to know so well. Every now and then we
find something that promises to raise awareness, change thinking, and
increase accessibility. I am therefore please to promote the following
exhibit at the MSU Broad Museum on 4/14 at 7PM. I hope you can help me
get word out through your networks as attendance and interest in this
event will further underscore the need and benefits of including
touch, audio and accessibility in today's museums. I will attend and
encourage you to as well.

More details are found at:
http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2015/accessible-art-at-the-broad-exhibit-combines-braille-poetry-and-painting/

Mike
RCPD<https://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>...Maximizing  Ability and
Opportunity!<https://www.rcpd.msu.edu/intro>

This e-mail may contain confidential or proprietary information. If
dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
received this message in error, please delete it immediately.

Michael J. Hudson,
Director<https://www.rcpd.msu.edu/about/teamrcpd/michael-hudson>
Michigan State University<http://www.msu.edu/> - Resource Center for
Persons with Disabilities<https://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>