[nfbmi-talk] Washington Seminar 2016 Information

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Nov 9 02:34:19 UTC 2015

Hello.
It's already November, and that means that Washington Seminar is less
than 3 months away. Washington Seminar is one of the major ways we let
our voices be heard through advocacy, as we speak directly with members
of Congress about issues of importance to us and our organization. If
you would like to atend, please send an Email to jj at bestmidi.com.
Whether you've attended many times before or this would be your first,
we'd love to talk to you.

Here's some information to help you in your decision.

The Great Gathering In Meeting is on Monday, January 25 at 5 PM. This is
a lively meeting where we talk about this year's legislative priorities
and how we are going to achieve them. Often, members of Congress drop in
and speak to us.

Meetings in our affiliate will be scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday,
January 26 and 27.

Some other events at the seminar may be of interest, including student
and merchants meetings on Monday morning, a parents seminar often on
Sunday, and other division meetings.

Here's a page with more information from the national website
https://nfb.org/washington-seminar

The Michigan affiliate has allocated money to pay for one male and one
female room for Washington Seminar (up to 3 nights each). A financial
assistance pool of $1,000 is also available to be used by disgression of
the president.

We ask that those attending and receiving assistance will attend the
Great Gathering IN meeting and all appointments assigned to them on
Tuesday and Wednesday. Ideally, your flight will leave after 6 PM on
Wednesday. There will also be a short meeting to discuss our plans,
typically after the Great Gathering In.

I'm happy to help anyone in finding affordable flights or other travel
arrangements, or to answer any questions you may have.
Please let me know if you're interested in coming by December 15, the
sooner the better.

So many of the rights we have today as blind Americans came about
because of the work at Washington Seminar. I hope to join you in
changing the future.

--
Best regards,
J.J.