[nfbmi-talk] Continue the Cause

Mark Eagle markaeagle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 19:46:45 UTC 2015

  I would like to thank you all for coming to the StateCapitol Building today. We let the organizers of the ADA Celebration and stategovernment officials know that it isn’t business as usual.  Our voices were heard loud and clear. Nothingwill drown out the voice of equality. Now that the event has come to an end, our fight has justbegun. We will use the power of all three branches of state and federal governmentto our advantage to ensure a better quality of life for persons withdisabilities across this great state of Michigan and the nation. You can be a part of the solution by engaging in one or moreof the following actions: ● File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice againstthe state of Michigan for not making the State Capitol ADA compliant. ● Join with us to get State legislation passed to finallyend sub-minimum wage for all Michiganders. ● Help us identify sub-minimum wage workers that are willingto be a plaintiff in a lawsuit. ● Help us end state and federal funding for programs thatallow sub-minimum wages. Together we shall secure a future where persons with disabilitiesare treated with dignity, respect and equality. Thanks, Mark Eagle