[nfbmi-talk] It looks Like We Won!

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sat Apr 2 18:15:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

In a confusing ruling, the federal judge wrote the following in her
conclusion.

"In conclusion, the New Stops under the Regulations are additional, not

segregated, accommodations that the WCAA is now making available to all
passengers,

including the disabled, who use ground transportation services. Plaintiffs
are not likely

to prevail on a claim that Defendants violate the ADA and the Rehabilitation
Act by

providing New Stops as configured in the Regulations."

This is exactly what we wanted.    The stops are for everyone.   The bus
stops are integrated, that is, anyone wishing to use the stop is permitted.
Our only objection to this plan was that it was only for persons with
disabilities.  Clearly the judge ruled that the stops are for everyone.
These stops are quite comparable to the International arrivals and are
acceptable as we saw them last December during our tour.

There still may be obstacles, as we all know about the legal system, but,
for the moment, it looks like we have what we wanted and the airport will
not set any national precedents for segregating services for persons with
disabilities.  I am certain the airport will not like this, so stand by for
some kind of tantrum from them.

Please let everyone know our appreciation for all they have done to help us.

Warmest Regards,

Fred