[nfbmi-talk] Fw: bsbp and flint water crisis

David Robinson drob1946 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:20:54 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: David Robinson NFB MI
Cc: Eleanor Canter ; Darma Canter ; Larry Posont NFBMI Pres. ; BRIAN SABOURIN ; Marlene Malloy MCRS Dir. ; Mary Ann Robinson NFB MI ; Georgia Kitchen FANFB ; Sarah Gravetti MISILC DNM
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 9:09 AM
Subject: Fw: bsbp and flint water crisis

Pretty short on specifics here.
----- Original Message -----
From: Rodgers, Edward (LARA)
To: joe harcz Comcast
Cc: Zimmer, Mike (LARA) ; Pemble, Mike (LARA) ; bsabour at mpas.org ; sara at dnmichigan.org ; Kisiel, Lisa (LARA) ; White, Elizabeth (LARA) ; Luzenski, Sue (LARA) ; Belknap, Katie (LARA)
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: bsbp and flint water crisis

Good morning Mr. Harcz,

Please be advised that staff from BSBP have been involved in the effort to inform Flint residents of the information necessary to help in the Flint water crises.  The regional manager for Vocational Rehabilitation Services, which is responsible for the Flint area, has been working diligently to contact current blind clients to ensure they have received any available information.  In addition, members of the BSBP staff have been involved in the ongoing effort which has gone door to door in the Flint area to inform citizens of the information being disseminated by newspapers, television stations and radio.  BSBP has an annual grant that has been given to the National Federation of the Blind to make newspapers accessible to Michigan's blind citizens through Newsline.

Any specific questions you may have I can refer to the Vocational Rehabilitation staff that has been involved in this effort.

Edward F. Rodgers II J.D.

Director

Bureau of Services for Blind Persons