[nfbmi-talk] Fw: this should go to nfb list serve

Mary Ann Robinson brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 28 13:55:39 UTC 2016

----- Original Message ----- 
From: joe harcz Comcast 
To: Larry Posont NFBMI Pres. 
Cc: David Robinson NFB MI ; terry Eagle ; Mark Eagle ; Mary Ann Robinson NFB MI ; Georgia Kitchen FANFB ; jeff crouch 
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2016 8:03 AM
Subject: this should go to nfb list serve

It is remarkable to me that the NFB list serve has not been used to get resources to blind citizens of Genesee County.

It is more remarkable that all I get from BSBP are lying press releases and FOIA responses.

Joe Harcz 

Here are some resources....
Who to contact to get your voice heard, needs met

Detroit Free Press 12:04 a.m. EST February 28, 2016

eric maysBuy Photo


First Ward Flint City Councilman Eric Mays speaks to the crowd and council about the amount of money proposed to be reimbursed to Flint residents crediting

their water bills during the Flint water crisis during a meeting on Monday, Feb. 8, 2016, at Flint City Hall.(Photo: Detroit Free Press)Buy Photo


Do you want to voice your concerns about the water crisis? Here’s how to contact your elected officials and other key agencies:


U.S. House and Senate


¦ U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow: Flint/Saginaw Bay Office, 432 N. Saginaw St., Suite 301, Flint 48502; 810-720-4172; e-mail at



¦ U.S. Sen. Gary Peters: Saginaw Office, 515 N. Washington Ave., Suite 401, Saginaw 48607; 989-754-0112; e-mail at



¦ U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee: 111 E. Court St. #3B, Flint 48502; 810-238-8627; e-mail at



Governor and Michigan Legislature


¦ Gov. Rick Snyder: P.O. Box 30013, Lansing 48909; 517-373-3400; e-mail at



¦ State Sen. Jim Ananich: P.O. Box 30036, Lansing 48909; 517-373-0142; e-mail senjananich at senate.mi.gov


¦ Michigan Rep. Sheldon Neely: P.O. Box 30014 Lansing 48909; 517-373-8808; e-mail SheldonNeeley at house.mi.gov


City of Flint


¦ Flint Mayor Karen Weaver: 101 S. Saginaw St. Flint 48502; 810-766-7346; e-mail at mayor at cityofflint.com


Flint City Council


¦ 1st Ward: Eric Mays, 810-766-7418, ext. 3160; 810-922-4860; emays at cityofflint.com


Flint Water Guide

Helping Flint with information, delivered direct to the people

Tips to keep your home and family safe from lead

How to get free bottled water and filters

How lead poisoning can hurt your children

Flint exposure: How do I get my child tested for lead?

Q&A: How things went wrong in Flint water crisis

Watch your child for signs of lead exposure as they grow"

What you eat can protect your body from lead's effects

Lead-fighting recipe: Peanut Butter and Banana Pockets

Lead-fighting recipe: Vegetable Lasagna

Lead-fighting recipe: Cheesy Hamburger Skillet

Flint crisis: How to cook using less water

Food assistance: Programs help residents put healthy choices on table

Access to healthy food: Bus programs and farmers market can help

Skin rashes: The dos and don’ts

Caring for your health: How to get medical help

Need help in another language?

Who to contact to get your voice heard, needs met


¦ 2nd Ward: Jacqueline Poplar, 810-766-7418, ext. 3162; 810-397-3205; jpoplar at cityofflint.com


¦ 3rd Ward: Kerry Nelson, 810-766-7418, ext. 3161; 810-449-9619; knelson at cityofflint.com


¦ 4th Ward: Kate Fields, 810-766-7418, ext. 3164; kfields at cityofflint.com


¦ 5th Ward: Wantwaz Davis, 810-766-7418, ext. 3167; 810-397-3621; 810-391-7060; wdavis at cityofflint.com


¦ 6th Ward: Herbert Winfrey, 810-766-7418, ext. 3165; 810-449-8711; hwinfrey at cityofflint.com


¦ 7th Ward: Monica Galloway, 810-766-7418, ext. 3163; 810-955-9370; mgalloway at cityofflint.com


¦ 8th Ward: Vicki VanBuren, 810-766-7418, ext. 3159; 810-513-0582; vvanburen at cityofflint.com


¦ 9th Ward: Scott Kincaid, 810-766-7418, ext. 3158; 810-397-3605; skincaid at cityofflint.com


Additional resources


¦ The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has created a website with information for Flint-area residents at


People can also contact the EPA with questions about Flint or the water quality at

flintwater at epa.gov

or call at 810-434-5122.


¦ To get water tested for free, or have questions answered about the appearance or odor of water in Flint, e-mail

flintwater at cityofflint.com

or call the Flint Water Plant at 810-787-6537.


Help for small businesses


Disaster loans for small businesses in Genesee County are available through the Small Business Administration. Eligible small businesses, agricultural cooperatives

and nonprofits can apply for low-interest loans of up to $2 million if they can show losses tied to the water crisis. SBA will maintain a Flint Business

Recovery Center through Feb. 25 at the Oak Business Center, 2712 Saginaw St., Flint. You can also apply at


or call 800-659-2955 (TTY: 800-877-8339) or e-mail

disastercustomerservice at sba.gov

for more information.


flint_resource_guide.pdf  frame


flint_resource_guide.pdf  frame end



No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4855 / Virus Database: 4477/11710 - Release Date: 02/27/16

More information about the NFBMI-Talk mailing list