[nfbmi-talk] "Why J.I. Packer's Ministry Has Ended" from Christianity Today

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:09:28 UTC 2016

Because this man is British-Canadian and Anglican, I didn't know at
first who he is.  But it appears he wrote "Knowing God," which is a
book I have heard of.

The following story--stating that Dr. Packer's ministry is ending
because he's now blind--saddens me.  Yes, I know the other key factor
is that he's 89 years old.  But to say that he has to quit reading and
writing because he no longer can see?  I know of a few out there who
would love to challenge that presumption.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/january/crossway-ji-packer-ministry-has-ended-macular-degeneration.html

Too bad no one apparently took the step of helping this very capable,
Oxford-educated man to gain blindness skills.  Too bad also that
"Christianity Today" never made mention of blindness skills, because
many readers today still hang onto the prejudice that when you go
blind, you stop reading and writing.

For what it's worth  ...

-Kane