[nfbmi-talk] Birding in April, 2016 and Beyond

Donna Posont donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:35:49 UTC 2016

Walking outside in the refreshing spring air is becoming pure auditory delight. Please consider joining the Birding by Ear and Beyond program on Saturday, April 9 for listening enjoyment. From 10a m-noon  we will be meeting in the natural area of the Environmental Interpretive Center to chec out the new arrivals for the spring as well as the winter residents who are also breaking out in song. After lunch those who wish to join us will be traveling to a local nursing home and presenting a birding program for the residents. We will be back in Dearborn by 4p m for transportation purposes.
Mark your calendar for May 7, 2016 when we will be once again Celebrating Urban Birds in Ann Arbor at Gallup Park. An attachment flier is available with more details.
Also, on May 14 we will be birding at the Environmental Interpretive Center on campus at 10a m. In the afternoon we will be planting in the Matt Clew Butterfly garden near the center. If you can stay until dusk we will be counting and identifying the frogs and toads in the natural area to provide citizen science data for the Friends of the Ruge frog/toad survey.
Please plan to join us for any or all of these outdoor events. For more information you may contact Donna Posont, 313-220-8140.