[nfbmi-talk] Voting System Impressions

Mark Eagle markaeagle at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 04:11:15 UTC 2016

Overall a very interesting experience.  The ImageCast took the longest to complete a ballot, I founda malfunction that caused the card to erase my ballot resulting in me having tocomplete a second time. I didn’t really care for the speech quality.  The Hart system is the worst. The assistance of a poll workerto enter a code is a no go for me. I would never vote on this machine in a realelection. Writing in candidates is very time consuming. Review ballot sectiontakes too much time. The ES&S took the least amount of time to complete aballot. Write-in candidates were easy to input. Feeding the ballot into the tabulatorwas excellent with no assistance. I preferred this tabulator over the othertwo. Did anyone test the screen accessibility? I turned the screensoff and was wondering if you tested the settings. I wish I could be at the board meeting tomorrow to introducea resolution in support of specific machines. Unfortunately I am running for apresidential delegate and the election is tomorrow. The NFB should make astance.  If all three system are certifiedindividual county clerks get to make the final decision on which one topurchase.