[nfbmi-talk] Information for Communicating with MDHHS

Mary Ann Robinson brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 18:05:28 UTC 2016

    Hello,

I am a member of the Michigan chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.  Our chapter has formed a task force to increase awareness of and to address relevant human service issues encountered by blind consumers.  One issue is not receiving information in alternate formats and in a timely manner from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).

If you would like to receive material in a format other than print, you need to submit a request for accommodation in writing to the MDHHS office in the county where you live and to the department's ADA Coordinator Ms. Stacy whose contact information is at the bottom of the attached documents.  It is my understanding that she is the ADA Coordinator for all 83 counties in Michigan.

Be sure to keep copies of every written document that you submit.  If you do not receive a response to your request for accommodation in ten calendar days, begin following the steps outlined in the attached documents.

One of the attached documents is the original  PDF document that I received.  It is somewhat difficult to read.  The second document is the same information that I converted to Word.

Please contact me off list if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Mary Ann Robinson, ACSW
President, Human Services Division, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan