[nfbmi-talk] Individuals with disabilities blocked from receiving Voc Rehab Assistance to attend college

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 15:24:04 UTC 2016

This is not surprising but totally disgusting!  We know this is true in
Michigan, especially if you are of color and poor in Detroit, Flint, and
Saginaw.  Even solid information given to the Rehabilitation Services
Administration (RSA) has not been taken seriously.  It is time for our
dysfunctional Congress to get off their butts and hold oversight hearings,
then pull the plug on the rehabilitation funds ATM, for states who are
performing poorly!
LARA likely did not like my diplomatically stated values and philosophy
about performance and accountability, and too much  non-functional
management within BSBP, and too little consumer-centered services, when I
interviewed for the director position.  Both federal and state
administrators need to be held accountable for the poor performace and lack
of services to persons with disAbilities and taxpayers, pointed out in this
article.  Change will not happen, as long as we do not speak out and act to
create change within the federal and state systems.