[nfbmi-talk] "Betsy DeVos apparently ‘confused’ about federal law protecting students with disabilities - The Washington Post

Terry D. Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 09:03:54 UTC 2017

Interesting, and I'd want to see data on the number of students with disAbilities that have been served by Michigan charter schools, and how those students compare in performance and achieving grade level standards compared to their non-disabled peers.  The outcome proof is in achievement data.  I presume such data is not readily available for Michigan charter schools, as these schools have notoriously not been transparent in providing such data to education policy-makers, let alone the public.  As long as any school receives taxpayer dollars, they ought to be transparent and accountable for performance achievement standards by all students, and qualified educators subject to performance standards.