[nfbmi-talk] "Politics Of Special Education"

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:56:10 UTC 2017

This piece about unwritten rules of the Individualized Education Plan
comes from the July-August, 2017 edition of "Parenting Special Needs"
magazine.

 Deborah Kent Stein has been a powerful force in the National
Federation of the Blind for many years, operating from the Chicago
area.  She has been educating and advocating not only for blind kids,
but for those of us who are parents and who happen to be blind as
well. So even though the attached was not published by the Federation,
the fact that Debbie Stein endorses this article inherently makes it
worth reading, especially for any of us chapter leaders who run into
situations when we are asked to participate in a child's IEP meeting.
I think we all should be prepared to do this as a point of service.
It might make a good piece for reprint in "The Braille Monitor" or
"Future Reflections," for that matter.

Enjoy. http://magazine.parentingspecialneeds.org/publication/?i=422979&article_id=2830990&view=articleBrowser&ver=html5#{"issue_id":422979,"view":"articleBrowser","article_id":"2830990"}

Kind regards,

Kane Brolin