[nfbmi-talk] Birding and Maple Syrup, March 11

donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:52:14 UTC 2017

Next Saturday, March 11, 2017, we will be enjoying a day at the Environmental Interpretive Center on the campus of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Hopefully, we can experience one of those warm almost spring days outside. Along with checking out the birds in the natural area we will learn of the rich tradition of tapping the maple trees for sap and syrup. This will be an extraordinary sensory experience as we collect sap, smell it cooking, and taste it on ice cream. We will be providing lunch though we might partake in dessert first. Weather permitting in the afternoon we will explore the Matt Clew Butterfly garden as it awakens from winter rest. Please consider joining us for any or all of the day from 10a m-3p m at the Environmental Interpretive Center, 4901 Evergreen Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128. Please contact Donna Posont for more information and if you wish to have lunch with us please let me know by Wednesday, March 8, 2017. My email is donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com or call 313-220-8140. Additionally, let me know if help with transportation is requested.
Hope to see you soon, Donna Posont