[nfbmi-talk] Call to Action: Opposition to H.R. 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017:

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:22:28 UTC 2017

>From President Riccobono:
>  ...  Today I am calling upon all Federationists to contact their representatives in
> opposition to H.R. 620.

We can find out a lot about this bill by doing some digging and
discovering who is lobbying for it.  A promotional piece in support of
this bill admits that "signatories include the U.S. Chamber of
Commerce, National Association of Realtors, American Hotel and Lodging
Association, and National Restaurant Association among others."  I
wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. Chamber of Commerce actually just
wrote this bill and placed it on Congressman King's desk.

Apparently these trade associations have banded together under the
presumption that disabled people don't have enough economic power to
be concerned about--not even enough to purchase homes or eat in
restaurants.

-Kane