[nfbmi-talk] New Q-Line project in Detroit

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri May 12 21:07:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

Today is the opening of the new rail line on Woodward.  Here is an article
from the Michigan Chronicle about the project and the economic development
associated with the project.

After recently visiting San Francisco, I am very happy for Detroit to
finally get some kind of reasonable transit.  This combined with the people
Mover will make access to lots of things in the downtown area and new Center
area, where the Bureau for the Blind has its office, much easier.  I am
eager to try it out.

By the way, I stayed at the San Francisco lighthouse on Market Street in the
downtown area.  It was amazing to have access to 2 subway lines, a streetcar
and Uber.  It is a blind person's paradise for getting around

It will take 2 or 3 decades for Detroit to begin to catch up with San
Francisco, but I am happy it is starting, now.  I sure hope it continues.

Warmest Regards,

Fred