[nfbmi-talk] Fw: October Meet the Blind Month - W/SW NFB Chapter Event October 14 Noon - 1PM

Martha Moore marthaamoore at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 20:58:12 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,  Resending the message out; We need braille readers for the Event occurring this Saturday October 14th from Noon - 1PM at the Barnes & Noble 6134 S. Westnedge Ave Portage MI phone (269) 324-1433.  Please bring equipment to showcase to the public.
Please let Haley Dare and Derek Moore know you will be coming as a Reader.  We appreciate all the support from the Chapter and everyone on this listserv to come and help make this event exciting and educational.
Thank You,
Martha  W/SW Chapter Secretary
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Martha Moore <marthaamoore at yahoo.com>To: NFB of Michigan Internet Mailing List <nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org>Sent: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 7:28:44 AM EDTSubject: October Meet the Blind Month - W/SW NFB Chapter Event October 14 Noon - 1PM
 Greetings --
The West/Southwest Chapter has a "Meet the Blind Month" event being held at Barnes &  Noble 6134 S. Westnedge Ave Portage MI (269) 324-1433 on Saturday October 14th from Noon - 1PM.  The goal is to give the public an opportunity to see/witness blind/visually impaired read books via braille - braille is the literacy for blind/visually impaired people.  Thank you Haley for getting this set up.
We need help from the Affiliate:  We need readers - We need folks to bring equipment (braille embosser, braille typewriter, braille labeler, Slate & Stylist, etc) for showcasing the tools used for writing.
Please let Derek Moore and Haley Dare know if you are able to help with this special event.
We are also working on securing a date/time/location here in Grand Rapids & Muskegon.
Thanks again.
Martha M.  W/SW Chapter Secy