[nfbmi-talk] scheduled meeting, conference call announcement

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 02:54:20 UTC 2017

To all board members, chapter leaders, members and non-members alike, in
short, anyone interested in being a part of the 2017 state convention of the

I will be hosting a conference call, Thursday, September 21, at 8:30 PM.  We
will be going over convention information as there are still some
assignments, arrangements, and appointments that have to be made if we are
going to have the kind of event that will meet our expectations.  We need to
reach out to those who need to learn from us and with us as we all strive to
live the lives we want.  Our theme this year is "learning with those who
live it!"  What is it that we live?  It is the National Federation of the
Blind and all the people and programs it represents.  So come be a part of
this conference as we go over plans to bring all of this about.

Your input is needed.  Your voice is needed, your hands are needed.  It may
well be that something special or unique about you might be just what it
takes for someone new to blindness or new to the federation to begin
believing that there are many possibilities.  I haven't yet attended a
convention where I didn't learn something.  So here is the chance to find
out what you need to know.  We will be discussing financial assistance we
are offering if you need a little help.  We are especially interested in
first time attendees though all are eligible to apply.  Just contact me as
everyone's situation is different and we want to do the best we can by
everybody.

The conference call in number is (605)475-4333 access code 902855.

Chapter presidents and leaders please pass this on to those among you who do
not have access to email or this announcement.

If your schedule does not permit you to be with us this Thursday please call
me and I will fill you in.  I will do my best to work with you.  My contact
information appears at the end of this message.

Thank you.  I look forward to what we can build together so we can be a
major force that can truly improve the quality of life for the blind of
Michigan and make life better for all.

Michael Powell

President

(586)754-1325