[nFBMI-Talk] It's Only A Day Away: Official Details Of 2018 BEET Conference

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:43:30 UTC 2018

About 24 hours from now, we're gathering in Goshen, Indiana, for the
3rd annual conference: the Blind in Education, Employment, and
Technology.

We still are looking for new participants interested in attending,
both for the sake of tomorrow's conference and in anticipation of what
we all can do together afterward to improve the future for those who
live with visual impairment in Northern Indiana and Southwestern
Michigan, as many prepare to transition successfully through
educational institutions and into competitively-paying employment.

Attached, you will find the official flier representing this year's
BEET Conference, which contains a detailed agenda and speakers'
biographies.  We will bring ink-print copies tomorrow.  I realize this
will not help those of us who are blind.  But the version attached to
this e-mail is an accessible PDF which should be easily legible by
those who use text-to-speech screen access, a refreshable Braille
display, or a notetaker such as the BrailleNote or Braille Edge.

Unfortunately, NFB Michiana does not have good facilities for the
embossing of professional-grade Braille documents on paper.  If anyone
out there is able to do this quickly and efficiently today, we can get
you this flier in a form that would lend itself to Braille translation
and embossing through Duxbury if you would like to undertake such a
project prior to coming out for the BEET Conference.  Sorry about the
lack of printed Braille; this is one key gap we at NFB Michiana and
Goshen College would love to close, and we likely will do so as soon
as our membership and funding have reached a critical mass to permit
us to purchase the equipment.

We look forward to an awesome event, which will result in hope and
life enrichment for many.  See you at 8:30 AM Friday at College
Mennonite Church in Goshen, Indiana.

Warm regards,

Kane Brolin, President
Michiana Chapter, National Federation of the Blind
(574)386-8868 (mobile)