[nFBMI-Talk] August state board meeting

Marcus Simmons ceo at simmonsbosscreations.com
Fri Aug 10 13:38:41 UTC 2018

We will be there!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Powell via NFBMI-Talk
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:28 PM
To: 'NFB of Michigan Internet Mailing List'
Cc: Michael Powell
Subject: [nFBMI-Talk] August state board meeting

Attention all NFB of Michigan officers, board members, chapter and division
members, friends and supporters

The month of November, and our State convention will be coming before we
know it.   It has been our long standing tradition to have our August
quarterly board meeting at the hotel that will be the site of this year's
state convention.

So I am writing to announce that our quarterly state board meeting will be
held Saturday, August 25 at the Weston Hotel in Southfield Michigan.

The address is: 1500 Town Center Southfield, MI 48075.  Phone:
(248)827-4000.

We have the room from 9 AM to 4 PM.  The actual meeting will begin around 10
AM or shortly after.  I don't plan to keep you there till four but we have
the time if we need it.  I will do my best to have us finished between 3 PM
or 3:30 at the latest.

We will have a Pizza buffet which we can get at a cost of $15.  As usual we
will collect seven or eight dollars per person depending how many people we
have.   The affiliate will cover the balance.

Individuals are free to cover the entire cost if they so choose.

Please send me a quick email to let me know you are coming.  This has been a
busy summer for many of us.   We have seen our share of voting machine
failures and other system or best laid plans break down.  Through it all,
however, I hope we continue to bind together and draw strength from each
other as we become more united and determined to live the lives we want.
That means total and complete participation in all aspects of society on the
basis of true equality and we must let nothing detour us from this path.  We
must never forget that we are the best resource we have for each other and
we must continue to do our best to work toward it with a positive attitude
and a spirit of goodwill toward each other and those we must contend with.
We, and only we, need to believe it with all that we are if we are
ultimately going to achieve it for all blind people.

So I look forward to seeing as many of you who can attend this late summer
state board meeting of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan.  I
also look forward to you being with us the weekend of Friday, November 2, to
Sunday, November 4, to participate in our 2018 state convention at the
Weston Hotel Southfield Michigan.

As always feel free to call or email me at any time with your questions or
concerns.

My contact information is listed below.

Michael Powell

President