[nFBMI-Talk] Support the Student Division At Washington Seminar

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Fri Dec 28 19:05:56 UTC 2018

Good Afternoon Michiganders

Washington Seminar is one of the most anticipated times of our calendar year because it is a big part of our advocacy efforts to make sure our legislative needs are being heard by our elected officials. This year, we have many students flying to capitol hill to speak on issues that affect the blind and we thought it would be a great idea to fundraise some items.

  1.  Chocolate Chip Cookies: Mi-ABS will be selling delicious, soft baked Grandma Cookies in Washington, D.C. The cookies are available for $1 for two cookies and will be a hit item this year, especially during meetings and events in the Holiday Inn Capital Hotel.

  2.  Washington Seminar Buttons: The Michigan Association of Blind Students will be selling Washington Seminar buttons. These are priceless souvenirs that can be collected to record your participation or support of the student efforts in the capital. The buttons are blue, with red lettering and a white outline. The button has the NFB logo on it, the official Washington Seminar Hashtag #NFBWS19, and our student mantra "Don't Deny, Aim High." These buttons are the first in an annual effort to provide buttons each year that can allow for students and other NFB members to create a collection of times that they attend or support seminar each year. Each button costs $3 and are in limited supply, so get them while they are available.

Not attending seminar? No worries, the fundraising committee has you covered. If you are interested in purchasing buttons before the seminar, feel free to place an order with the division via Venmo. If you send a payment for the item to our official treasury page @MiABS-Treasury, you can have a button set aside for you to either pick up or have mailed to you here in Michigan.

If you have any questions about the fundraising committee or what we are selling for Washington Seminar, feel free to send me an email at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu%3cmailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>> or give me a call at 804.801.7674. The fundraising committee meets on the first and third Thursday of the month at 10pm, feel free to join us on the affiliate conference line and give us some ideas and feedback.

Happy Holidays

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students