[nFBMI-Talk] Michigan caucus at national convention

evelyn weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Fri Jun 15 02:18:47 UTC 2018

Thanks so much, Mike and everyone else.  It seems like only
yesterday that I attended my first full convention-1966.  I made
my first acquaintance with the NFB at the 1962 Detroit
convention.  A friend insisted that Iattend the banquet and hear
Dr.  tenBroek.  At the time, I didn't really understand much of
what he was talking about.  I met other leaders, attended Dr.
Isabel Grants annual blind teachers' lunchoen, and later listened
to a recording of that convention and the 1964 and 1965
conventions.  These showed me that blind people really knew how
to run a dynamic organization of the blind.  The rest, as they
say, is history.

Cordially,

Evelyn