[nFBMI-Talk] Get Your Washington Seminar Buttons and Cookies!

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Mon Jan 7 13:54:44 UTC 2019

Good Morning Friends and Colleagues

I hope that this message finds you all well and infused with the energy to start a productive week. This message is a friendly reminder for our affiliate members to support the student division on our fundraising effort for Washington Seminar this year. Seminar runs from January 28-30 and the student division will be there to advocate and impress upon our elected officials the importance of the issues that the national office has recently disseminated. It would, however, be a great sign of solidarity if our affiliate members, both present and in absence, were able to support our cause by purchasing a Washington Seminar button from the division. I would like to formally challenge every member reading this email to purchase a button from the student division either prior to the seminar via Venmo or in person while on the hill. The buttons are $3 each and can serve as a great reminder for not only the strong support the affiliate gives the students, but also the belief that we all are a family that shares ideals for our movement.

The Venmo user name to look for is @MiABS-Treasury and will secure immediate reservation of your button. You then can contact me via email or phone at 804.801.7674 to work out how you can receive your button. The student division will also be selling soft baked chocolate chip cookies at seminar. Please feel free to take advantage of the delicious snack as a pick me up for your time in between meetings or when you are relaxing in your hotel room. If you have any questions about student fundraisers of the future, please join the fundraising committee of the student division. We meet biweekly on Thursdays and would love your input.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas