[nFBMI-Talk] Wildwood Ranch Weekend

Posont, Donna donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:17:22 UTC 2019

Wildwood Ranch Weekend

Great Backyard Bird Count

Please join us for a wonderful weekend  which will include walking in the
woods, wildlife education, collecting data for Citizen Science, and festive
fun and fellowship for friends and families. We are staying at Wildwood
Ranch at 4909 Brophy Rd in Howell, Michigan from Friday, February 15th 5:00
pm - Sunday, February 17th 1:00pm. Lodging will be provided in the Oakridge
Lodge and six meals will be enjoyed in the dining hall. This weekend is
oriented to include families and friends of people who are blind or visually
impaired. If you have any questions please call:

Donna Posont phone 313-220-8140
email  <mailto:donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com> donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com

We will meet in the basement of Oakridge Lodge for such program items as
"Eating Like a Bird", "Tracking the Turkeys", Building birdhouses, Preparing
Peanut butter products, and lots of games including Uno, Twister, and Bird
Jeopardy.  Outside we will  record bird sounds for at least an hour on all
three days. Then there is opportunity to gather around a roaring fire in the
dining hall and eat s'mors and drink hot chocolate without the chill and
with the marshmallows.

This weekend event is a program of Birding by Ear and Beyond and will
contribute to Cornell Lab of Ornithology by recording birds which we hear
for Citizen Science. There is no charge for the weekend, but, donations are
welcome.

Reserve your space or your family's space by emailing  <about:blank>
donnabutterfly50 at gmail.com.