[nFBMI-Talk] Postponed: Kalamazoo Dog Daze of Summer Picnic

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Jun 13 13:58:01 UTC 2019

Good Morning Fellow Michiganders

I know, you were excited beyond belief right? The idea of getting your advocacy on with the newest chapter addition to the affiliate. It was all planned out: great food, great messages, and great people on a sunny afternoon educating people on our organization and the respect that should be shown to our members and their furry companions. Unfortunately, mother nature did not see it that way. I regret to inform you all that the Kalamazoo Dog Daze of Summer picnic is officially postponed to a later date that will be disclosed shortly. With Saturday calling for rain throughout the day, it would not be wise to attend a dog park that very well may be empty and to allow such delicious food to be caught in a shower. No worries, we will reschedule this event shortly and still be able to engage our community, and most of all, we would like you all to support us doing so. If you were planning to attend this event, please feel free to contact me regarding the rescheduled date or stay tuned to this list serve. Also, feel free to check out our thriving Facebook page: NFB of Kalamazoo, in order to receive the latest updates on our work in Kalamazoo and Portage. I hope all of you have a wonderful week and weekend.

Blessings
Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Master's Student, Rehabilitation Counseling and Teaching
Parliamentarian, Graduate Student Association
Professional Development Chair, Chi Sigma Iota (Mu Beta Chapter)
Graduate Assistant, Department of Blindness and Low Vision Studies
Western Michigan University '21
President, Kalamazoo Chapter
Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas