[nFBMI-Talk] Michigan caucus at national convention

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 03:58:54 UTC 2019

Greetings to all, especially those who will be attending the 2019 National
Convention in Las Vegas the week of Sunday, July 7, through Friday, July 12.

We have been given our assigned room to have our Michigan Caucus.  For those
who don't know what that is it is a chance for the entire Michigan
delegation, which should include all the people from Michigan who will be
attendeing our convention, to gather together as a group so I can personally
welcome each and every one of you and go over any convention details or any
convention announcements that you might need concerning activities that will
be going on before the actual convention is called to order and convention
sessions get under way Wednesday, July 10.

Our Michigan caucus will be held Sunday, July 7, from 9:00 to 10 PM in Coral
B.

Those of you who are either first time convention attendees or Jernigan
scholarship winners who will be attending the rookie Roundup from 8 to 9:30
PM in the South Pacific F Ballroom, are free to join us after that meeting
at 9:30, or you can leave the meeting a little early once you have the
information that you need.  Don't worry about getting to us late as we will
be hanging around the room socializing or finishing up with our meeting
after ten.

If by chance, you can't connect with us I am providing my cell phone number
at the end of this email to those of you who don't have it.

I saved myself a copy of the agenda so will attach it to this email for your
convenience.  I should be receiving the preregistration list within a few
days so will make sure this information gets passed on to people who might
not be on this list serve.

I am very excited to meet with all of you in a Michigan group delegation
before the convention gets started and I always look forward to past
residents of Michigan coming to our caucus to renew old friendships .  It is
a good way to catch up with each other and fondly remember our past
adventures with one another.

Please make it a point to read Sabrina's email and schedule yourselves to
work the exhibit table.  To those on this list who will be unable to
participate in this year's convention, remember, that it will b streamed
through the week so check the nfb.org website for updates.  If I get
information before I leave for convention on July 6, I will definitely pass
it on.  Always remember we still have activities with our chapters, our
summer board meeting in Grand Rapids to be held in August, and our upcoming
State Convention in Grand Rapids at the Crowne Plaza hotel the weekend of
Friday, November 8 through Sunday, November 10, to look forward to.

So there is plenty that needs to be done.  The skills of all of us are
needed in order to be successful in all that we do to build the National
Federation of the Blind of Michigan.

Michael Powell

President NFB of Michigan

(586)754-1325