[nFBMI-Talk] Very very important legislative alert please read regarding subminimum wages for people with disabilities

Taylor Arndt taylorarndt99 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 03:02:44 UTC 2019

 This message is from the legislative  Committee chair   of the National Association Of Blind Students   I believe it applies to all so  please call your Congress representatives

 This is a friendly reminder that the legislative advocacy committee is having our monthly conference call on Sunday, March 17, at 8pm eastern. The call-in number is 712-770-5197, and the access code is 265669.

Whether or not you can make it to the call, we want to be sure that we ask/remind everyone about the present need to ask our Members of Congress to cosponsor legislation that will phase out the payment of subminimum wages to workers with disabilities. When we go out and get a college degree, we do it because we want to get real jobs with real paychecks, not to end up in a sweatshop earning seven cents an hour.

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol Switchboard and asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. If you email your representative or senators, please copy Gabe Cazares at gcazares at nfb.org.

Thanks and talk to you soon! from my iPhone