[NFBMI-Talk] Thank you!

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Mon Nov 11 20:46:40 UTC 2019

Hi Erin,

The pleasure was all ours.  We were excited to see your company’s cutting edge vehicles on the street and actually carrying people.  Our members enjoyed our rides on the downtown Grand Rapids route and the chance to explore the vehicle at our convention hotel.  We enjoyed your presentation to our membership on Saturday.

The future of autonomous vehicles will bring many opportunities to all people and will, if done well, make a large impact on the independence of blind people in our need to travel to work, family events and for lots of other quality of life activities

Thank you for sending information on how to seek employment with May Mobility.  I am very happy that your company is open to  the prospect of interviewing qualified blind people for jobs.  Those companies who hire us to work at all levels in this emerging field will certainly have a competitive advantage over their peers if they have solved accessibility issues because they never became issues. Smart and successful companies will make strategic decisions to make sure there are blind engineers, planners and administrators in on the ground floor to intercept problems before they were ever built into the final design.

We look forward to working together a lot in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Fred Wurtzel, Board Member

We can live the lives we want; blindness is not what holds us back.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines us or our future. Every day we raise expectations, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

  _____