[NFBMI-Talk] Check out the Largest NFBMI Exhibit Hall this Decade

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Thu Oct 31 14:57:10 UTC 2019

Hello. I'm excited to share our 2019 exhibitor list. With 19 exhibitors,
this is the largest exhibit hall we have had in a long time. Exhibits
are Friday from 1 to 6 in the atrium outside the main ballroom.

You can also view this list on our convention page at

http://www.nfbmi.org/convention

2019 NFB of Michigan Exhibitors
Friday, November 8, 1-6 PM
Where: Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport
5700 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
White Cane Sponsors
HIMS, Inc.
4616 W Howard Lane, Suite 960
Austin, TX 78728
512-914-1925
Website:  www.hims-inc.com
Email:  earle at hims-inc.com
HIMS, Inc. is a global manufacturer and distributer that has provided
braille, magnification and accessible healthcare devices since 1999. At
HIMS, Inc. innovation is driven by feedback from customers and
employees. The company strives to enhance the lives of our customers, by
providing tools designed to increase productivity and independence. Our
US headquarters is located in Austin, Texas and is responsible for all
of our North American operations including sales, support and repair of
all HIMS products. We are proud to employ blind and visually impaired
individuals at all levels domestically and overseas. image We are
committed to providing high-quality products that meet the needs of our
customers at work, school and home, but our commitment goes much farther
than this. We continuously strive to lead the way in new product
development. It is the success of our customers in personal and
professional ventures that provides the inspiration for our new
products. In many cases, our innovations are the direct result of
feedback from customers, teachers, parents and colleagues.
HumanWare
1 UPS Way P.O. Box 800
Champlain, NY 12919
800-722-3393
Website: www.humanware.com
Email: info at humanware.com
HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technology for people who
are blind or have low vision. HumanWare's inspirational vision has
resulted in a range of highly intuitive and intelligent solutions that
empower people who are blind or with low vision by giving them the
independence to participate effectively within a sighted world.
Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired
  445 S Curtis Rd
West Allis, WI  53214
414-778-3054
Website: www.ibvi.org
Email: michele.repischak at ibvi.org
IBVI is a leading manufacturer, supplier and distributor of industrial
office supplies, furniture and customized kitting products.  Fifty-one
percent of our employees are blind or visually impaired.  We are looking
for amazing people to join our team.
Other Exhibitors
A. T. Guys
PO Box 51446
Kalamazoo, MI 49005
269-216-4798
Website: www.atguys.com
Email: support at atguys.com
Providing affordable access technology for mobile phones and other cool
gadgets. Check out the new BlindShell accessible cell phone, the Braille
Me low-cost braille display, Aftershokz headsets, and much more. Also
available for training and consulting.
Able Zone, Inc
3456 Rochester Rd
Troy, MI 48083
248-689-9883
Website: www.ablezone.com
Email: gargagklf at yahoo.com
Ablezone, Inc is a retail store in Troy, Michigan handling products for
the Visually impaired and blind.  Mostly the technology includes video
magnifiers, hand held magnifiers, reading machines, Braille devices,
assorted talking products, lighting and a number of other independent
living aids.
Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
201 N Washington Sq
Lansing, MI  48933
800-292-4200
Website: www.michigan.gov/bsbp
Email: gastond at michigan.gov
The Bureau of Services for Blind Persons is a state and federally funded
agency providing the following services to individuals who are blind and
visually impaired:  Vocational Rehabilitation, Independent Living,
Pre-Employment Transition Services, Youth Low Vision, Business
Enterprise Program, Braille and Talking Book Library, Business Services
and the Residential Training Facility.
Capital Region Chapter National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
1212 N Foster Avenue
Lansing, MI 48912
517-256-5575 number:
Email: f.wurtzel at att.net
We are having a guessing game fundraiser where contestants gues number
of items in a jar for a fee.  The proceeds of the game will be split
50/50 with person closest to number.
E. M. VITU,  Inc.
299 Peterson Rd
Libertyville, IL  60048
847-367-4004
Email: evitu at flash.net
E. M. VITU, Inc. is a distributor of assistive technology for persons
with visual impairment, including blindness.  We offer access to print
and electronic data using enlargement, speech and/or refreshable Braille
output.  We also do hand held and desktop CCTV’s and Braille embossers.
Guide Dogs for the Blind
350 Los Ranchitos Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
773-671-6624
Website: www.guidedogs.com
Email: pberman at guidedogs.com
Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB) is an industry-leading guide dog school;
serving people who are blind or low vision from throughout the United
States and Canada For more then 77 years. All services for our clients
are provided free of charge, including personalized training and
extensive post-graduation support.
Kalamazoo Chapter of the NFB of Michigan
503 S Westnedge Ave. #4
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
616-255-7357
Email: Taylor.E.Arndt at wmich.edu
The Kalamazoo chapter of the NFB of Michigan aims to improve the
opportunities , equality, and security for the blind residents of the
Kalamazoo and Portage region of Michigan. The Kalamazoo Chapter is
Selling NFBMi 50th Anniversary Shot Glasses and  Raffle Tickets for an
$20 Uber  Gift Card.
Leader Dogs for the Blind
1039 S Rochester Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48307-3115
888-777-5332
Website: LeaderDog.org
Email: LeaderDog at LeaderDog.org
Founded in 1939, Leader Dogs for the Blind has proudly provided over
16,000 clients with independent travel skills. Our mission is to empower
people who are blind or visually impaired with lifelong skills for safe
and independent daily travel. All services are provided free of charge
to clients.
Lions District 11-B1 Winter Camp for the Blind
10160 South M-37
Dowling, MI.  49050
269-578-3684
Website:  Facebook @11B1WinterCamp
Email:  rogerbosse at att.net
Winter Camp for the Blind is a weekend getaway for Blind and Visually
Impaired adults, ages 18 and up.    The camp takes place at Clear Lake
Camp, operated by the Battle Creek Public Schools. Dates for 2020 are
February 7 to February 9.  The camp is sponsored by the Lions Clubs of
District 11-B1.  Campers enjoy indoor and outdoor activities in a
beautiful lodge and wooded setting.  Lots of nature, fun and
fellowship.  Cost to attend is $45.
LookingBus
6763 Heatheridge Dr.
Saline, MI 48176-9230
734-926-8160
Website: www.lookingbus.com
Email: contactus at lookingbus.com
LookingBus develops smart city technology to improve transportation
services for people with disabilities. The LookingBus system includes
smart bus-stops that work in synchrony with multiple software
applications to alert drivers of riders with disabilities at their
upcoming stops and when the riders need to get off the bus.
Michigan Association of Blind students (MiABS)
503 S. Westnedge Ave #4
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
804-801-7674
Website: www.nfbmi.org
Email: Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu
The Michigan Association of Blind Students is a proud division of the
National Federation of the Blind of Michigan, instilled with the
philosophy of the Federation in its attempt to empower and advocate for
the rights, responsibilities, and progression of blind students in the
state.
The student division is selling the following items: 1. Mini Baked
Loaves, 2. Cookies, 3. Cream Puffs, 4. 50/50 Raffle Tickets.
Michigan Department of Education, Low Incidence Outreach
702 West Kalamazoo Street
Lansing, MI 48909
517-241-7083
Website: www.mdelio.org
Email: salyerm1 at michigan.gov, lovep at michigan.gov
The Michigan Department of Education, Low Incidence Outreach (MDE-LIO)
provides support and services to students who are blind/visually
impaired (BVI) and/or Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH), their families,
schools, and districts. Our goal is to collaborate with local districts,
inter-agency offices, community agencies, and national organizations to
enhance accessibility and quality programs/services for students with
visual impairments or who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, including those with
multiple impairments.
Michigan Parents of children with Visual Impairment (MPVI)
3678 Lantern Lane
Fort Gratiot, MI 48059
734-644-1350
Website: WWW. MPVIWEB.ORG
Email: jessicaburt at mpviweb.org
Michigan Parents of Children with Visual Impairments is a non-profit
organization comprised of families who are raising young people who are
Blind and Visually Impaired. We strive to help families with support,
information, advocacy, and events that are fun, educational, and
practical. We can help answer questions about Individual Education Plans
(IEP), what to expect from a child’s school and from your child, and how
to raise a child who is blind or visually impaired to be as independent
as possible.
NFB Detroit Chapter
313-723-0632
Email: detroit at nfbmi.org
The Detroit chapter will be selling cell phone lanyards and snack bags.
Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind
4175 Westbrook Road
Ionia, MI 48846
616-755-2221
Website: www.oubmichigan.org
Email: gwen at oubmichigan.org
Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind offers summer camps for children
and youth who are blind or have low vision.  We focus on skill building,
self-confidence and independence.  We teach cooking, gardening, and
social skills and have a lot of fun swimming, hiking, rock climbing,
campfires and more!
SASS/Birding by Ear and Beyond.
33797 W Jefferson
Rockwood, MI 48173
s313-220-8140
Email: youth at nfbmi.org
Programs which provide a sensory experience to explore, engage in, and
embrace the natural world as well as STEAM education.