[NFBMI-Talk] Accommodations for Jury Duty

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:43:33 UTC 2020

Hello All,

I received a notification for jury duty in the mail last week. It appears as though there is a print form that I need to complete for this jury duty. Does anyone know if this form is available for me to fill out online?

I have read all the information provided online through my county website regarding jury duty. I have also contacted the clerk to let her know that I was blind and currently do not have a way to fill out the print form. However, there was nothing about accessibility listed online. And the clerk did not mention any accommodations for filling out the print form in here her response to me.

I have tried scanning the form with the apps I have on my IPhone. However, the form does not seem to scan very well. Since the courts are currently closed under the stay home stay safe order, and this is not an essencial business related to obtaining food or medicine,I do not believe I should have to be in contact with someone else simply to fill out this form that is not accessible.

So I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or experiences regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Elizabeth