[NFBMI-Talk] NFB Of Michigan quarterly board meeting announcement

Michael Powell mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 20:46:00 UTC 2020

Hello to all subscribers to this list and fellow NFB board members.

Since it will be one month from today let me give you the first announcement
so you can mark it on your calendar.

The NFB of Michigan will hold its quarterly board meeting at the Dispatch
Sports Pub and Grill, 3004 W. Main, Lansing, MI 48917.  Phone: (517)484-7940
.  The date will be Saturday, March 7, 2020.  The time will be from 11:00 AM
to 4:00 PM.  I usually try to wind things up between 3 or 4.  We will be
hosted by our Capitol Region chapter.  Our board member Fred Wurtzel is the
chapter president so I know he will have more details coming.

The day before our meeting we will have an exhibit table at Refresh, Renew,
Revisit: Michigan Assistive Technology Conference hosted by the Michigan
Department of Education-Low Incidence Outreach on March 6, 2020, at Lansing
Community College West in Lansing.

So it promises to be a busy week which I know will be reflected in our
meeting as we will have been to Washington Seminar, which starts this Monday
March 10, and some of our students will be preparing to go to the Midwest
Student Seminar later in the month.

There are a number of projects and activities we need to get up and running
so I need all your energy, enthusiasm and input.  Join with me in making
this year exciting and one of accomplishment for the NFB of Michigan,
parents of blind children, students,  and others who still need to discover
our message that the blind can truly live the lives we want.  Let's roll up
our sleeves, get to work , and with the joy we have come to know  by
reaching out to others, let's kick off the first board meeting of 2020.

More details to follow.

Michael Powell

President

(586)754-1325