[NFBMI-Talk] The Crab Gazette: A MiABS Report

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sat Nov 7 00:00:43 UTC 2020

Hey Crab Enthusiasts!

The time is getting ever-so-close to the moment we have been waiting for. The Michigan association of Blind Students' fundraiser, "The 2020 Crab Climb," has been exceeding expectations in engagement. We thank you all for your participation. If you are wondering where your favorite crustaceans are placing at the moment, I've got you covered:

Crab Rankings 11/06/20 6pm EST

  1.  Chunky Crab (Robert Parsons)
  2.  The Amazing Blind Crab (Sabrina Simmons)
  3.  Charismatic Crab (KaShonia Graham)
  4.  Confused Crab (Mike Powell)
  5.  Capital Crab (Shawn Callaway)
  6.  NABS Crab (Mausam Mehta)
Total Funds Raised: $2615.00
Don't worry, competition is still fierce and our crabs still need your help to improve their standings. The deadline for bids for this fundraiser, which helps to fund the Larry Posont Award that our student division gives a blind college student each year, is tomorrow evening at 6pm EST. Simply click the link below to support and please, spread the word. We are so grateful for all of you that have kept us committed to and successful at building the Federation. Bids are $5 and you can bid as many times and for as many crabs as you choose. Also, remember to attend the MiABS Trivia event tonight for some fun. We will be giving away door prizes and if you have already bid in the Crab Climb fundraiser, you are automatically entered into the pool for a door prize. If you have not supported the fundraiser, no worries, simply attend the Trivia Night event and we can work out your $5 payment if you want to be considered for a door prize. I have also included the zoom information for the MiABS Trivia night event, which begins at 8pm EST tonight. We look forward to connecting with all of you and please feel free to use my number in the signature if you need clarification on things.

Crab Climb Link: https://forms.gle/nbk1mu1zXRBdoLiT9

Zoom Information

https://zoom.us/j/96142858272?pwd=RVNjNnFkRzc4WlhSTmZqU2w1SXNtdz09

Meeting ID: 961 4285 8272

Passcode: 902855

With Love

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
President| Kalamazoo Chapter
Vice President| Michigan Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Masters Student| Rehabilitation Counseling and Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
Western Michigan University '21
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: 804.801.7674