[NFBMI-Talk] why does voting matter to you?

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Mon Oct 19 20:48:57 UTC 2020

Hey Michigan Friends, American Association of People with Disabilities is looking for stories about why voting matters to us. I know Michigan folks have stories to tell, so I am posting this here.

American Association of People with Disabilities' REV UP team has been working hard to provide material <https://aapd.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08dab5cd58ad9250c3f56519f&id=55856b425a&e=bebd11cd73> that can help people navigate the rules and regulations of voting more easily. But we know it is important to remember why we vote in the first place. Voting is a crucial tool that is necessary to bring about change, especially for people with disabilities. We are asking for your help in relaying this message by sending us your voting stories - what or who do you vote for? What is your driving force, your motivation? What specifically pushes you to cast your ballot? Affordable healthcare, accessible public transportation, inclusive education, or something else? Share your experience and your story with us through this form <https://aapd.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08dab5cd58ad9250c3f56519f&id=c362495008&e=bebd11cd73> by Thursday, October 22. And be sure to have this conversation with those around you and urge them to vote as well!