[NFBMI-Talk] The Crab Report: MiABS Update

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sun Oct 25 17:18:42 UTC 2020

Hey There Friends

National Meet the Blind Month is in full swing and the Michigan Association of Blind Students can't be more excited at how much our crabs are being supported. As a reminder, the student division's "Larry Posont Award" scholarship is being awarded for the first time ever at our 2020 virtual state convention. This award was established thanks to the hard work and dedication of the division over the past year and the amazing effect that our former affiliate president had on the students of the Michigan affiliate. With all new years, though, comes new responsibilities, so the crab climb is a fundraising effort to support a fellow student next year at convention. Here's an update:

Rankings of Crabs in Order of Current Bids

  1.  Chunky Crab (Robert Parsons)
  2.  Charismatic Crab (KaShonia Graham)
  3.  Amazing Blind Crab (Sabrina Simmons)
  4.  NABS Crab (Mausam Mehta)
  5.  Capital Crab (Shawn Callaway)
  6.  Confused Crab (Mike Powell)

It's not too late to support your favorite crab. Competition is close and we need all the help we can get to help a crab out of the bucket of low expectations. Click the link below to learn more about the crab climb and the scholarship. We appreciate all of your support in helping us build the Federation.

Link: https://forms.gle/nbk1mu1zXRBdoLiT9

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
President| Kalamazoo Chapter
Vice President| Michigan Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Masters Student| Rehabilitation Counseling and Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
Western Michigan University '21
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: 804.801.7674