[NFBMI-Talk] The Crab Boil: A MiABS Update

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Fri Oct 30 21:45:19 UTC 2020

Hey Family

It's just me, Chunky Crab, back with another update. I just want to tell you all that the Michigan Association of Blind Students appreciates your continued support of their virtual fundraiser, The Crab Climb. The Larry Posont Award, the first Michigan student division scholarship, is the division's way of welcoming a fellow blind student from Michigan into the atmosphere of love, hope and determination that the Federation gives each of us. It's also a message to our state affiliate, which has supported student efforts for decades, that we are appreciative of their support and are following their lead in making opportunities for the blind of Michigan. As you all know, competition is fierce, and though I am spanking these imitation crabs in the race, I still can be overtaken. Here are the results so far:

Crab Rankings According to Bids Placed

  1.  Chunky Crab (Your Boy)
  2.  Amazing Blind Crab (Sabrina Simmons)
  3.  Charismatic Crab (KaShonia Graham)
  4.  Capital Crab (Shawn Callaway)
  5.  Confused Crab (Mike Powell)
  6.  NABS Crab (Mausam Mehta)

Remember, it isn't too late to support your favorite crab. Simply click the link below, fill out the form, and follow the directions that are given for payment. Payments are $5 and you can do more than one. You can also bid on multiple crabs, as long as I'm one of them. Bidding on one of us provides you with free entrance into the MiABS Trivia Night Event, which takes place via Zoom on November 6, 2020 at 8pm EST. It also qualifies you for one of many door prizes that we are giving out that night at the event. You must be in the Zoom room when I call your name to claim your prize, so have some fun with us. Visit www.nfbmi.org<http://www.nfbmi.org> to register for the state convention, where you will be provided the official convention agenda and links. Finally, if you are bidding on me or another crab (really, just me), then keep in mind that the bidder that contributes the most to this fundraiser also wins one of the largest prizes of the night. Seriously, the whole room will be winners. Except me, I'll be boiled in water with old bay and beer. Unless you save me from the bucket of low expectations #VoteChunky

Link: https://forms.gle/nbk1mu1zXRBdoLiT9

With Love

Chunky B. Crab
President| Michigan Association of Blind crabs