[NFBMI-Talk] 2022 NABS Midwest Regional Student Seminar

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Wed Dec 29 19:03:26 UTC 2021

Hey there, Hi There, Ho There Family

I hope that you are all basking in the glow of the holiday spirit as you read this. Though we are stuffed from Christmas roasts or eggnog, I did want to invite you all to find the nearest blind student and fill them in on an opportunity that doesn't come around twice each year! I'm talking, of course, about the national association of blind students and its Midwest regional student seminar, taking place March 18-20. Themed "Back in Action," our work in fostering advocacy skills in high school, higher education, and employment continues with innovative activities, open discussions, and safe social interaction. Our agenda also includes a focus on the covid-19 pandemic, its effect on student attendees and their navigation through their activities of daily living. I have attached the registration link below, which provides pertinent information for interested attendees. A few important notes:

  *   Students must register for this event by February 15, no exceptions.
  *   This weekend event takes place at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, located in Illinois.
  *   The registration fee for this event is $100.
  *   All registered participants must show proof of a negative covid-19 test 60 hours before the event.
  *   All Federation members are welcomed to register, even if they are not students.

For information on pricing, payments, or a need for assistance with participating in this event, please contact Robert Parsons at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu> or text (804) 801-7674. We look forward to connecting with attendees and hope to make this new experience just as exciting as the past.

Registration: docs.google.com/forms/d/1UVfWRuxJJRxqvCpARlhANdhsDVjrUzaV3dP9xaPR_QM/viewform?edit_requested=true
With Love,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (804) 801-7674