[NFBMI-Talk] {Spam?} Calling All Donors!!

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sun Apr 3 04:18:28 UTC 2022

Happy Weekend Friends and Federation Fam!

With our national convention swiftly approaching, it's only right that we begin to discuss the awesome fundraising initiatives that our affiliate has been cooking up. The first, and probably newest, of the fundraising family is the return of our summer auction! Last year, the NFBMI "Summer of Tech" auction brought in over $2k and our committee plans to raise the bar even higher.
This year, the NFBMI's "Action Auction" is looking for both auction item and monetary donations to make this part of our fundraising movement shine. Items must be new and are not required to have a certain value, as we hope to bundle some items together into a basket for package deal. Monetary donations will also help with these bundles in case shipping or miscellaneous items are needed to pull together the auction item.
This is how each of our affiliate members can get involved: the fundraising committee requests that each member use the attached donation pledge form to acquire donations for the auction. Members can donate items themselves or work with a business or person to commit an item(s)/money for the cause. There are a few simple guidelines for donations:

  *   All pledge forms must be returned to Robert Parsons, fundraising chair, by May 1, 2022 - No Exceptions!
  *   Pledging an item does not mean that the item must be shipped by May 1. Instead, it is a commitment that the donor will ship the item in the second week of July after a winner is determined from the auction.
  *   All items donated for the NFBMI Action Auction must be approved by the NFBMI Fundraising Committee and meet the standards of decorum as laid out by the NFB Code of Conduct.
  *   All payments for monetary donations must be received by the NFB of Michigan by May 1, 2022 - No Exceptions
  *   Guidance for online payments and addresses for check donations are included in the attached pledge form.
  *   All donors will be contacted by the fundraising committee proceeding our receipt of their completed pledge form.
  *   All pledge forms can be returned to Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>
  *   Feel free to reach out to me if there are any questions about receiving donations.

I can't tell you all how excited I am about this year's auction. With so many of our members asking what they can do to feel like our affiliate is getting back to normal, I challenge each of you to approach at least one person or business with our fundraiser's information and do your part to fulfill the most pertinent piece of our organization's constitution: "to participate ACTIVELY in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind." For it is only when we begin to raise the expectations of ourselves that we can push for society to raise their expectations of blind people all over. With love, hope and determination, we can make this the most successful auction our affiliate has done yet. Let's build the Federation.

With Love,
Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M. A., M. A., CRC, CVRT
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (269) 216-8640