[NFBMI-Talk] FW: Legally blind adults needed for free weight-loss program conducted by researchers at Towson University

mpowell7583 at yahoo.com mpowell7583 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 16:37:10 UTC 2022

Greetings to all.

I have been asked by Lou Ann Blake  to pass this message on to you.

Thank you, and try to stay cool this hot weekend.

Michael Powell

President

NFBM

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

At Towson University we are offering a free, 8-week weight loss program for adults who are legally blind. The program is part of a study, and everybody gets the weight loss program. As soon as somebody completes the screening process they are enrolled, and their program would start. All participants get a free scale. The scale does not talk, but your weight will be sent to you via text on your phone. The weight loss program focuses on helping you reduce a few high calorie, low nutrition foods from your diet to help with weight loss. There is potential for a $25 gift card for participation. To learn more, contact the Physical Activity and Public Health Lab at  <mailto:paphl at towson.edu> paphl at towson.edu.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

410-659-9314, extension 2221 |  <mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>