[NFBMI-Talk] It's Time to Register for State Convention!

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Wed Aug 31 21:14:59 UTC 2022

It's been three years, and we can't wait to come together again in
person! The National Federation of the Blind of Michigan State
Convention is the largest gathering of blind people in the state. It is
the premier event for training, support, and information for the blind
community. It also serves as a governing body, democratically electing
our leadership and establishing each year's organizational priorities.

National Federation of the Blind of Michigan 2022 STATE CONVENTION

Friday, November 4 through Sunday, November 6, 2022

The 2022 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Michigan will be held at:
Sheraton Grand Rapids Airport Hotel & Conference Center (formerly The
Plaza Grand Rapids)
5700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Note: The agenda will be finalized, distributed, and posted on the state
website in mid to late October.

At our 2022 convention, you will be able to:
Learn about the latest technology, products, and services in our exhibit
hall
Sing your heart out or listen to other performances while you mix and
mingle during our White Cane Karaoke event
Learn about, and discuss issues of importance to parents, students,
seniors, jobseekers, professionals, and much more
Learn about the latest programs and advocacy efforts on the local,
state, and national level and how you can get or stay involved
Enjoy fellowship and a keynote speech at our annual banquet
Bid for fabulous prizes during our annual post-banquet auction

We are proud to announce that Pam Allen will be serving as this year's
national rep. Pam serves as first vice president and chair of the NFB
Board of Directors, president of the Louisiana affiliate, and executive
director of the Louisiana Center for the Blind. You can go here to view
her bio.
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2022 state
convention of the NFB of Michigan. Get Involved. Make a Difference!
Please share with others, everyone is welcome!

-For more information on state convention or to register, please visit
https://www.nfbmi.org/convention

Please let us know how we can make your convention experience the best
it can be. EMail convention at nfbmi.org

We'll have much more info to share in the coming days and weeks, so stay
tuned.

J.J. Meddaugh

Convention Coordinator