[NFBMI-Talk] Powers and Duties of the Michigan Commission for the blind According to Public Act 260 of 1978

fred wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sat Feb 5 21:14:28 UTC 2022

              Dear Fellow Federationists,

Attached is a document that I wrote back in 2011. It is a description of PA
260 of 1978, known to us as the "Commission Bill."  The NFB of Michigan
wrote and worked to pass this legislation. Except for Governor Snyder's
Executive Order abolishing and replacing the Commission Board, the law
stands today, and all the powers and duties still exist, even though they
are not implemented or enforced in any identifiable way.

I am in hopes that our organization can take legal, administrative, civil
actions or any other means to simply get the state to enforce the law as
written and as blind people legally and morally  are entitled to.
Otherwise, we will continue to experience the continual erosion of services
as we have observed in Detroit with the elimination of the meager services
which have disappeared.

Warmest Regards,

Fred